...... skating between the two as I navigate life's twisting, winding road...

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Where Dreams and Reality Collide



He walked up behind me and placed his warm hands upon my shoulders.

He leaned in close to my ear.  I could feel his hot breath flowing over my skin.

He whispered, "I love you."

My breath caught in my throat.  

I couldn't breathe.  

My hand flew to the base of my throat.  My fingers gently squeezed, as if the simple acting of gripping my own throat would help me suck in the air that I desperately needed.  

His hands slowly slipped off of my shoulders.  I felt cold.  I turned to face him.

I could see his brown eyes.  

I couldn't read them.  

I whispered to him softly, so softly that I could barely hear myself.

"I love you too."

He smiled.

"It would never work," he said as the smile left his beautiful face.

I stared at him.

Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment