...... skating between the two as I navigate life's twisting, winding road...

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Reason


Everything has a reason for existing.  Every event in a life is filled with purpose.  Each little happening imparts a bit of something.  It's up to all of us to figure out the purpose, reason and lesson.

I believe in this.  I believe that there is a reason why I went down that grocery store aisle even though I did not need anything down there.

"Can you help me for a minute, please?  I can't reach the soup on the top shelf," asked an older woman.

Okay, so I am not the tallest person in the world and she probably would have had a much smoother time with someone a bit taller than I, but I did (with lots of stretching) manage to wrap my fingers around the exact box of soup she wanted.

See?  A reason for going down that aisle.  I was meant to help her -- at least I'd like to think so.

I believe that each person we meet is meant to be in our lives.   The weird part is that we never know upon that first meeting just how important some people become to us.  I meet people most times and think... it was nice meeting them but.... 

The "but" is usually spot on, however, there are a few that I've met, never knew the importance in my life they'd become and am thankful they're here.

I met hubby through an online dating site.  My luck in finding someone decent to date was non-existent.  The men I seem to find only wanted one thing, and it was the one thing they wanted immediately after dinner.  Oh the stories I could tell !

When we met for the first time, I didn't know we'd end up married.  In fact, I said very little at our first meeting.  He talked entirely too much -- to the point where I could not get a word in even if I wanted to.  He looked like the biker dude from the Village People, and I was going to just cross him off.  But we see what happened there, eh?

The "family" that I have from church is another example.  I walked into church not knowing a soul.  I sat in the far back of the church when I entered and wasn't sure about the whole thing.  A few members introduced myself and I thought.. "this isn't going to work.."

I've learned plenty about myself through them.  They've been a constant source of care, compassion and understanding.  I truly feel as though they are my family.   I can only hope that they have found a constant source in me, as well.

There have been rare times when I've met someone and instantly knew.  I do not know what I knew, but I knew this person would be important.  To this day, I still do not know how I knew that.

He came out of nowhere it seems.  He came walking into a cub scout event looking for information.  I talked with him briefly, and I began to feel the "knowing".  Someone else began to speak to him and everytime I turned around, I locked eyes with him and I knew.  I just knew that we'd be friends, and he would be very important to me.   He is...

All of these people came into my life for a reason.  Each have given me a piece of the puzzle called "Me".  Each one of them has taught me something about myself and have made me want to become a better person.  They have given me the drive and motivation to dig deeper inside of myself to learn more and to discover my needs and my wants.

They are all meant to be here.. with me.  Every single one of them.

They were placed in my heart for a reason or maybe for reasons.  I am not sure what all of those reasons are, but as I discover what those reasons are, I will enjoy them all as much as I can. 




1 comment:

  1. While I can understand where you're coming from on this one, am struggling to see the point in a number of recent events. I hope it will become clearer but for now... things are very murky.

    ReplyDelete