...... skating between the two as I navigate life's twisting, winding road...

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Tribute to Mom

The fragrance swirled around her.  She did not perspire sweat.  She perspired a subtle hint of Ambush perfume.  The scent belonged to her.  She owned it.  

If I were to close my eyes, I can still smell it.  The musky fragrance fills my senses and leaves me awashed in feelings of contentment and happiness.  I remember it as if it were my own perfume, but it was hers.

She was a beautiful woman.  She wore little to no makeup on her flawless skin.  Her heavenly blue eyes sparkled and twinkled when she laughed or smiled.  I will always remember those eyes.  I do not have a choice for her eyes are also my own.  I see them in my own reflection as I gaze into the mirror and I am reminded of a woman that, by all accounts, could bring any man to his knees.  Her beauty compared to no other.  

She possessed a red-hot temper that would slowly simmer beneath the surface until she could not contain it any longer.  It would then explode like a bubbling volcano, and it would send us all scurrying away in fear.  Her passion was explosive.  It was full.  It was intense.  

The softer side of her was more apparent than her anger.  It, too, carried a level of passion that touches me still to this day.  Her gentle caresses, loving hugs and the way she cradled me in her arms -- they are the things that I remember best.  

She was, in my eyes, a perfect human being.  She had style.  She had grace.  She had a heart that overflowed with love for those that she cared about.  She was passionate about her family.  Her love was the glue that sustained us as a family, and it was her love that taught us all how to love unconditionally.  

I hope that I grow up to be just like her.  

I hope that I grow up to be just like my mother.

My siblings and I grew up in a home that was smothered in love.  She listened.  She cared.  She consoled.  She loved us unconditionally.  

I loved her strength.  I loved her weaknesses.  I loved her immensely, and I shall always love her to that degree.  She was my mommy.

When I was younger, I always looked for a reason to curl up into her lap.  I wanted to have her scent swirling around me, wrapping me in a blanket and comforting me.  I wanted to have her fingers stroke the side of my hair or rub the small of my back.  I wanted to feel her warmth against me, and I wanted to hear her speak to me softly.  

I still wish for that.  I still wish to be wrapped in her love and to see her blue eyes sparkle.  I want her understanding, her compassion and her presence.  

She is missed.  

Never will there ever be a woman like her.  There isn't a person on this God's earth that possesses the ability to love as she could.  There isn't a person that could ever be as beautiful as her.  

She was my rock.  She was my hero.  She is the role model that I look to when it comes to living my life and raising my family.  She did it so well.  

Beautifully.

She was beautiful.

I hope when I grow up that I will be just like her.

I want to be beautiful.

Just like that.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment