...... skating between the two as I navigate life's twisting, winding road...

Monday, June 24, 2013

Little of This.. Little of That


The heat of the day is beyond gross.  I hate every sweaty sticky moment of it.  I am praying we will have a weird turn of event and the sky will blanket the area with white, fluffy and cold snowflakes.  Will it happen?  I highly doubt it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

One of my closest friends is celebrating his birthday on Sunday.   I shopped a tiny bit for him yesterday.  I do hope he enjoys the present I picked up.  It is a barbell for his penis.  As we age, we all need a little help.  It is, of course, a gag gift.  Last year, he got a g-string made of candy.  When I asked him if he would dance while wearing said g-string, he said he ate all of the candy.  I call him a fibber and a bore!  I had dollar bills and everything!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Yesterday at church we had a "Welcome Summer" picnic.  If I would have known that organizing this thing would have meant summer would actually come as a result, I would have thought twice about it!  

Actually it was a good time.  We have had quite a few new faces pop up over the past few weeks.  It was good to take the time to socialize with them and learn a bit about who they are.  It's even better when you find they enjoy your church and want to return!

During the picnic, I shoved people into the sanctuary so I could take their portraits for an upcoming church directory that I am putting together.  It was fun!  I had a blast trying to get people to smile and laugh.  

My next project is this coming Sunday and I'm psyched!  I will be teaching the last Sunday school class before summer vacation, and we will not be learning about the Bible.  Oh no we will not!!

It's ice cream sundae party day!  Yay!!  Oh yeah... ooey, gooey sundaes are on the schedule.    But shhhhh... they do not know it yet!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just threatened my daughter with devastation.  She's an avid Disney fan, particularly Aladdin/Jasmine.  She is currently sifting through her memorabilia so she can find room for the crap she bought yesterday.  I told her that we should take it all out and put it in the fire pit to have a big ole fashioned bonfire.  She's traumatized now.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was just reading through a journal that I keep.  It isn't this one.  This one isn't anywhere near as personal as my other journal.  

I started it two and a half years ago.  It's filled with things that I would never want anyone to know.  I do not share it with anyone.  It is mine and mine alone.  It is filled with things I feel, think about and wonder.  It's about... stuff... 

"It exists.  It must exist.  I feel it constantly, always.  ."

This is a current theme in my journal.  I must have written it a thousand and one times, and it never changes. 

Doubt is one of the things that I detest.  I do not like to doubt myself, however I do it all the time.  There is an underlying level of doubt in that single sentence.  The sentence that I write constantly.  Perhaps I am trying to convince myself or perhaps I am trying to deny it.  One never knows.
 
How can you tell if something does, in fact, exist?

I'm trying to figure that one out right now.  

Good luck, me.

Thank you, me.. I need it.





No comments:

Post a Comment