...... skating between the two as I navigate life's twisting, winding road...

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Titular Tuesday


Tuesday is one of my most favorite days during the week.  I am, by almost all counts, alone for a portion of the day.  The younger children are at school and my oldest is at work for a better part of the day.  Today is Tuesday and I can breathe.

As I sit here and breathe, my heart does a bit of flipping around.  I am anxiously awaiting our vacation next month.  We've rented a big ole lake house and we are all inching our way to the front door to leave.  This will mark the first vacation we've taken as a family.  

I won't have to watch my dogs poop on the lawn for 7 days.  I will not have to weed my yard, mow the lawn or do laundry for 7 whole days!  I am longing to sit on the dock and fish until I'm blue in the face.  I am itching to grab a book and paddle out to the middle of the lake in a canoe to escape everyone.  I cannot wait to build a roaring fire at night and just enjoy it while looking out over the lake, or maybe just rack up some balls and shoot some pool.  

Peaceful times -- this is what I am hoping for. 


On another note, I am itching to get another tattoo.  It's been so long since I received my last, and it's time for another.  Unfortunately, I need to get my doctor's permission.  I am not so sure if he is going to give it to me.  I will have to beg and plead with him.  If that fails, I will have no choice but to work his nurse.  Oh I am the Mistress of Manipulation!

Each tattoo that I have signifies a stepping stone in life.  The first one that I received is one that will always hold the most meaning to me.  I had a friend visiting me from England.  While he was here, he wanted to get a tattoo done.  I decided, too, that I would get my first.  It had to, however, stand for something.  I knew it had to be one that would honor him and our relationship.

He gave me a voice.  He made me realize that I was a very special person, and that I was in charge of my present and my future.  He taught me how to love, how to be patient and to be accepting of others.   He was, and still is, a very beautiful human being.  

So my first tattoo was a way of honoring him and the things he taught me.  Every time I look at it, I think of him and remember that I am a pretty damn special person, and not "special" in a helmet, short bus kind of way.  

Although.... 


"..those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint."

This is my most favorite Bible verse.  It is a reminder that as long as I hold onto my faith that I will always be supported and taken care of.  My faith will guide me to the right places, at the right time and to the right people.  My faith will keep me strong, and it will allow me to persevere, even when I feel the weight of the world is much too heavy to bear.

This is my next tattoo.  It will not just be words written on my flesh.  It will be worked into a design and, hopefully, placed upon my back.  

Come on, Doc... don't let me down!  


No comments:

Post a Comment